Monday, October 8, 2012

We're heeeeerrrrreee

We are officially in Edfu! We don't have internet all figured out yet, but I CANNOT wait to tell you all about the house we are staying in this year. No more nasty house with broken doors- this place even has shower curtains! No living out of suitcases- we have dressers. Seriously, we have no idea how to even act in this place. The kitchen is better than mine back in Chicago. I'm not saying it's the Ritz, but it's nothing like last year and we're trying to settle in to the opulence. The downside is that we're right next to a mosque, but we'll get used to the incredibly loud call to prayer at 4am, I'm sure.

Tomorrow is the first day on site, so I'll try to update with how that goes, but give me a few days to get back to posting daily. For now, have the teaser from the above and the knowledge that the Arabic lessons my in-laws got me last Christmas has already been put to good use (I am now an expert in saying, "No, I do not want [a carriage/taxi/cheap tourist crap], thank you."). Also, I so far have not yet gotten sick (though Dan, I'm in the same boat I was on our honeymoon, if you remember, so that's fun. Wish I had you to hug me).

Oh... the owner just turned on the kitchy water feature in our apartment. I'll write when I can!