Tuesday, October 23, 2012

More Connections


Every year, the weather in Egypt changes: the winds pick up, clouds roll in, and the weather starts to drop. It happens suddenly and ushers in cooler temps. Sunday (the day I stayed home just to make sure I was recovered) was that day. It’s been steadily getting cooler and cooler and last night, I woke up and pulled my sleeping bag over me. Granted, it was still 84 in the room when I got up, but it feels so gloriously cool. It does get hotter during the day still, so I’m drinking plenty and staying in the shade, but this cooler weather is a welcome change from the 106s we had last week.

Today Jonathan and I did a bunch more pictures and a ton of recording. We even found some joins for our Saite/Kushite building and now have a name of the builder: nrf-ib-ra. There are about 10 blocks out in front of the temple that the SCA had already put on little benches, and they go to our stuff, too. We thought they looked similar, but when we really examined them today, we noticed that the bottom of a cartouche out there matched the top part of a cartouche we had, and voila! Shortly after, we found a full cartouche that confirmed our suspicions. Jonathan also found a join with 2 Saite blocks we already had in our block yard. We think we have another one between our block and one in front of the temple, but we ran out of time. Super cool! We might get an article out of this yet.