Thursday, October 4, 2012

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go

And the 30 hr travel day begins! I'll be leaving Hyde Park and heading to O'Hare this afternoon. I miss my husband, kitties, and cozy bed already. Here's my flight schedule (all times are local):

10/4 Lufthansa 435: Chicago to Munich, leave 8:50pm and arrive 12:30pm (on 10/5)
10/5 Lufthansa 7176: Munich to Cairo, leave 3:55pm and arrive 7:35pm
10/5 EgyptAir 62: Cairo to Luxor, leave 10:50pm and arrive 11:50pm


I probably won't have internet access for a few days, but I have some pre-planned posts scheduled for the next few days. Once we get settled into Edfu on the 8th and start the season on the 9th, I hope to quickly be able to start back up on my daily schedule!

Tomorrow I'll tell you all about the things I have to bring to bring with me, but can I tell you what I'm not bringing with me this year? 30 pounds of me! That's right, you might notice that I'm looking a little different in photos. Thanks to Weight Watchers and a new-found love of running, I've slimmed down from this:

(Granted, the shirt is a men's large, so I look a little bigger than I was, but still, thighs, face, and double-digit pants don't lie)

to this:



I'm hoping I can keep it off, but since I won't be able to run and most meals are high carb and cooked in oil, it could be tough.

Let me know if there are any topics you want me to write about this year. I know I went through a lot last year, so I'll try to find new things to talk about, but anything you want to ask will be helpful! See you on the other side of the world!