Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sick Days

Sorry there was no post yesterday (though I guess this is theoretically still today for you the US), but I came home from site early. I wasn't feeling well again when I got up, but Chicago House was coming, so I headed to site. By 10am, however, I couldn't stand without feeling like I was going to pass out, and I got a little sick, so it was back home and to bed with me. I spent all last night feeling really terrible and nauseous. On top of that, I wasn't allowed to eat anything since everyone was scared I wouldn't keep it down, so I was also dealing with a stomach that hadn't had much food in 48 hrs. But our guys took good care of me, making me anise tea, plain soupy rice, and un-fried beef (it was a lot like leftover pot roast). With some of that in my stomach, I was able to sleep pretty well. I'm feeling a lot better and can stand up without everything spinning, but I'm still spending the day at home, away from the heat. I should be good enough to go to site tomorrow, where I will make sure to drink plenty of water (I've been trying to do 3L on site every day) and stay in the shade (Chicago House had a method for drawing that allowed us to be in the shade, instead of in the sun like we were doing!).

To make up for not posting, here's a really awful picture of what I found at the Munich airport (after 10 hrs of travel and very little sleep, mind you).