Monday, November 5, 2012

In Which I'm the Worst Blogger Ever

This is the post where I apologize again for being the worst blogger ever. I forgot, yet again, to get a foundation photo. I wanted to do it after all the workers leave, but then I get so wrapped up in getting everything done before we have to leave, that I forget. Sorry!!

So today I went a little camera crazy. With us wanting professional photos of all the blocks and the benches probably being completed by the end of next week, I'm having to scramble to get things photographed while I still can. I spent a few hours this morning and got 52 blocks done! So while that's a great amount (we're up to 152 or so photographed), I still have just shy of 200 to go. And a lot of those are multi-sided. This also means that I now have 395 photos to go through and re-label with their block number this afternoon. No rest for the weary.

After photographing, we took our second breakfast, then I headed up to Lindsey's area to start bread mould stats. I have every intention to take a photo of that, too, and show you what I do, but guess what? I forgot. Again, I'm sorry. I'm going to have Lindsey remind me do it tomorrow. Also, tomorrow, Valerie, our Old Kingdom pottery person, is coming, so I'll get to talk shop with her a bit, which will be nice. Lindsey (who excavated and is wonderfully sorting them for me) and Tasha (the girl to whom I owe all thanks/punches for getting me into ceramics in the first place) took a few minutes out to go over some of the forms I was less well-acquainted with, so I'm feeling really good and am flying through the pottery. I'm hopeful that I can get almost all the remaining stats done in the next two days, then start drawing some of it!