Sunday, November 11, 2012

Deja Vu

This is kind of a "second verse, same as the first, a little bit faster and a little bit worse" post. I bet by now you can fill in my day: pictures, then pottery drawing. Tasha let me draw some bread moulds from her time periods today, so I'm simultaneously helping her out and getting dissertation material, so that's kind of nice. Also, I'm totally sick of picture-taking. It was fun when I was doing small ones that I could move by myself and get done quickly. I'm not a fan of the multi-sided ones where I need workers to flip them over. I've been positioning them in the sun myself, so my fingertips have blisters all over them from the sandstone. Whoever thinks archaeology is all fun and games and a dream career, think again. It's a lot of boring, repetitive work than has to be done super quickly while you're in the field. But along the way, I do get to hang out with some pretty awesome people, so I'm not complaining too much.

In other news, we've been getting friends at lunchtime. Affrit, the super scaredy-cat sister of Kiri, came to join us yesterday. They really like to roll in the hay near the japoozy.

Kiri was not very happy that I caught her mid-roll.

Affrit, eyeing up his sister. We think he's paying special attention to her for, um, reasons...

Hanging out by the japoozy. You can *just* make out my benches in the background.