Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Success!!

Well, it's about 2 weeks later than we'd hoped, but we officially have permits to dig in Edfu and I have flights booked for this Sunday! I'm super excited and can't wait to get going.

I probably won't be able to post anything again until we get settled in Edfu, which should be Tuesday night. If I get internet before then, I will happily detail my travels for you, but don't count on it.

For those of you worried about my safety: most of the protests and demonstrations and whatnot are happening in Cairo. The most I will see of Cairo is from the airport windows, since we'll fly into Cairo and then almost directly down to the Luxor/Edfu area. Same thing on the way back. Yes, I know that other parts of the country aren't stable either, but we have 10 VERY loyal workmen who will apparently do pretty much anything to protect us. Elections in the Edfu area aren't planned until December 20-something, and we'll be back in Chicago on December 10, so no worries there, either.

I can't wait to tell you all about my travels!


Silly kitten. You are not excavation clothes!

I added a countdown over on the right side. It is counting down until I'm back in Chicago.