Sunday, October 16, 2011

Leaving on a (German) Jet Plane

If I've done this right, this will post while I'm in the air, headed for Egypt via Frankfort. In case you want to stalk my flight, here's the info:

Lufthansa 431, Chicago-Frankfurt, leave 15:40, arrive 6:50 (midnight central time)
Lufthansa 582, Frankfurt-Cairo, leave 10:05, arrive 14:05
MS 367, Cairo to Luxor, leave at 19:15, arrive 20:25

For those of you that can't do the time change math in your head, that's about 21.5 travel hours (not counting the 2-3 hrs early I'll be getting to the Chicago airport). It's going to be a loooong day. We're then getting up bright and early on Tuesday to head over to Edfu and start excavating!

PS. Please feel free to leave me comments on my blog posts! Just make sure you tell me who you are :)