Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Time to Start Drawing

I finished my little area today. Wanna see? The left side will get excavated at some later date by someone else.
Notice the little ledge on the right? That's probably a shoring-up of the bottom of the wall in ancient times when it started to bow.

 That little pot sticking out there came out eventually. I found lots of good things. Here are the best:
The top thing is a 6th Dynasty bread mould. The bottom left is a 5th Dynasty bowl, and the rim of the right one is a 4th dynasty bowl. So, you know, solidly Old Kingdom.

After I got done excavating, I had to start drawing the profile of the area that's not yet excavated (so not the nice flat wall in the back, but instead against the area that will be excavated later).
Don't I look studious? This wasn't a staged photo at all.

This is what my profile looks like so far:

That's pretty much all I have to say today. I found some things, now I'm drawing. I'll finish up tomorrow and then we'll head to Luxor. Next week it'll be back to pottery drawing.

- Rasama (remember your Arabic? It means "drawer")