Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oh the Weather Outside Is Frightful


Guys, the weather here is weird. Everyone knows that Egypt is hot. It can get to the upper 90s in the afternoon, and was well over 100 last year the girls tell me (but honestly, it really is a dry heat and is only unbearable if you’re in the sun). But I’m not interested in talking about things you already know. Let’s talk about that evil thing known as nighttime or early morning. It. is. cold.

My sweatshirt made its site debut on Halloween, and my sleeping bag was pulled out that night. I know that cold is only 70-something degrees, but when you’re starting to think that 95 in the direct sunlight is fairly pleasant, it might as well be snowing at 70. Luckily, I’m prepared:


That’s right, my sleeping bag has zippers so that I can both stick my arms out and walk around. Plus, it’s perfect for Egypt since it’s a mummy bag. It also unfolds to be a nice blanket, which is how I’m currently using it. It’s a 55+ bag, so I stay nice and toasty at night, even when we keep the fan on to combat the noises of Edfu.
Going back to Chicago in the middle of winter is going to be interesting.

- Frostina the Snowwoman